Friday, November 15, 2013

In awe of Actor Radhika Apte



Having watched Radhika Apte at a Girish Karnad play 'Une Purey Shahar Ek' at Rangashankara a couple of weeks ago, I am in awe of her. There was something about her acting, that makes you take note of her.

She is an actress to watch out for. It takes much more of spontaneity to perform on stage that over the reels. When I was still lingering in awe of her looks and her acting skills, here I was, stumbling upon another short film where she was starring again. This is a short film by Anurag Kashyap, that I came across a few days after I wrote this post

Radhika Apte has the power to speak with her eyes.  That Girl-next-door looks also enhances her near to perfection portrayal of a lower middle class urban woman that she has played so well in this short film. 
There is  not a dialogue she speaks in the first 5-10 minutes of this short film. 

It is her eyes that speak a thousand lines.
Brilliant direction and awesome acting.  
This short film is worth a watch. (especially the closing lines ... :) )


 
BTW I won a flipkart voucher from blogadda for my entry 'Where the mind is without fear'
How I wish Shireen, the protagonist of my post has an ending like the one in this short film.
How I wish ...



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by.
Good, bad or ugly ... Trust me I would love to hear from you...
Please leave your comments here.

Kispay ! Kispe bharosa karoon ?

  Kispay !  Kispe bharosa karoon ? Many years ago,  I was one of the first few people who signed up for Paytm.  This was much before the dem...