Saturday, September 01, 2012

Puttu pazham


This wholesome breakfast of puttu pazham on a lazy Saturday morning  has some history to it.
 

This puttu maker was one more of my impulsive buys somewhere near wayanad on a long drive from Bangalore. 


Made out of two simple coconut shells, this is the medium that steamed puttu for a long time until the stainless steel kozha was invented. 
I had no intention of actually making puttu out of them. I only wanted it to be ornamental piece in my drawing room or my kitchen.

For months it has been lying around unused.  Today I decided to use it for what it was originally crafted for.   And wow , what was otherwise called kozha puttu did come out just as well if not in teh same shape  it would have in a stainless steel funnel.

With a small hole on one corner of the coconut shell it fits wells into the steam rising out of the cooker. A 5 to 8 minutes of  steaming  and a quick, filling and healthy breakfast is ready .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by.
Good, bad or ugly ... Trust me I would love to hear from you...
Please leave your comments here.

Kispay ! Kispe bharosa karoon ?

  Kispay !  Kispe bharosa karoon ? Many years ago,  I was one of the first few people who signed up for Paytm.  This was much before the dem...